Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Get off my back

So apparently I need to blog because a certain Rob H.... no wait, R Horsley is getting pissed. Don't worry Rob I am not dead



I have been reading a book called "The Politics of Jesus" by John Howard Yoder. I am not very far into it yet but it reminds me of how people are attracted to extremes. Jesus was either about spiritual renovation or Jesus was about some political movement. These two extremes have battled against and will continue to. Then this two extremes reminds me of what a prof once said. What he said was basically that there is tension in a lot of things as Christians, there are times when we cannot accept either extreme but that in faith we must rest in that place of tension.

Yes, Jesus taught and lived in a spiritual manner and yes, Jesus was political in a way. Jesus is complex and it is good to know that there is much to our Lord.

No comments: