Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Return Churmmunity

I figure as the church we are called to community. We are called to an existence where life is not just about the self, called to a life where life isn't even just about the self and God. I do not think we can remove the other from what God calls us to, from the Kingdom which the Spirit is nourishing.

Admittedly, as much as I believe that community is to be central to life I probably suck at community since I tend to be some form of ass. Moving to Calgary for eight months to be a part of a community has so far been good. The decision would have been much more difficult if it were to be longer than eight months. My little home of Faith Covenant Church is a good one. People there love God. They love others. They show it in different ways and we all take our turns at failing in regards to acting in a loving manner.

Being a part of FCC has been a blessing. I have seen the Spirit lead hearts to generosity. The Spirit has lead people to open their homes to the worlds poor, taking people into their home and calling them family. Many shared meals and drinks. To be part of a prophetic community which is declaring the failure of the state and giving pictures of the Kingdom at the same time is a good thing. I imagine that returning to her will be a joyous occasion.

1 comment:

k. blackwood said...

I'm redoing the mailboxes at fcc right now. Weeding out those that ought not to have one and giving new ones to those deserving; i'm making you one, just so you know. Sometimes it's nice to be reminded when you're away from home that you have a mailbox there.