Tuesday, June 10, 2008

nail guns and personal salvation

Today as I pulled up to the site, prepared for a good day of setting up some forms and pouring a grade beam, I was instantly disappointed to see a coworker with a bucket removing water from where we were to be working. It was the start of a bruce-hole of a day.

My day involved mud, a nail gun that doesn't work, the inability to hit a nail in straight, and many other frustrations.

As I reflect on the parable of the sower (which I need to finish a paper for) I think that I am not a seed on rock. My bruce-hole of a day and the temptation to leave all I know for the sake of a cursed nail gun ended with me still being a Christian. I guess I am still a disciple. Thank God it is over for today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

to bruce hole!

cheers

Anonymous said...

about time for some Benedict thoughts...