Friday, March 7, 2008

The looming future

It is my birthday in just over a month and I figure I am having a midlife crisis (that is right I only plan on living to be 50). I was thinking about what I have done with life and it is sort of funny. I have succeeded in blowing away all of the expectations good old fashion family tv puts on a young adult. I'm still in school, I don't have a real job, definitely not married, I pretty darn sure I don't have any kids. Well I have Logan he is practically like my son with his ageless face. He will be laughing in 20 years.

I figure a successful life is all relative. If I compare myself to The Dude and use that as my standard of success I think I am doing pretty good. My bowling game is lacking though, perhaps that is why I am going bowling for my birthday?

The Dude is my anchor in terms of success and I am happy with that. I don't want to end up being Walter after all.

Revolution! I am the walrus.

6 comments:

gavin said...

I figure that by "the Dude" you mean "Jesus," and by "Walter" you mean "Judas."

Fret not, younger brother. Life is long - even if you only live to be fifty (or in my case, thirty, thanks to Liz's propensity to bake eclairs and my propensity to eat them). A journey of faithful travel is the best life one could lead, and onward you march.

You're a good disciple. And you have a small wiener.

San Gregorio said...

I didn't feel it neccesary to mention my 'little friend' seeing how this is public and all.

Jesus as The Dude messes up my theory on bowling.

Shauna Bennett said...

I have much respect for your Greg and I hope you know that. You've accomplished a lot and it's been fun getting to know you. I look forward to seeing where you'll be in a few years. Keep on my friend.

gavin said...

"Small weiner" was an analogy, of course. It's representative of your lack of attachment to physical, worldly things. Instead, you have Kingdom priorities in mind in some extraordinary ways. I absolutely admire your committment to God's ideals and am certain His good plans will be worked out in your faithfulness.

Anonymous said...

Solution: We open our own music store/bowling alley. Best of both worlds.

Your bowling skills have yet to be perfected, but you are a good follower of Jesus. I think that's slightly more significant.

Brandon Bertram said...

that's arguable. lol.