Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Simply Christian

I am currently reading a book by N.T. Wright called "Simply Christian" and in this book Wright talks about the desire of justice that exists in humans. He suggests that this desire for justice exists because we are created by God and that justice is really only achieved through God.

Justice. Do I ever long for her. Justice is so desirable. It is so easy for me to think, to fall into memories of people I have met, people I know, and hope for that justice. I think of a women I met in the Congo who's husband abandoned her and their children because she was found to be infected by a disease. I think of a guy I work with who feels like white people look down on him because he is native. I think of kids from camp who have seen far too much violence for having grown up in 'peaceful' North America. So many faces.


I think of these people and I realize that we as humans have something wrong with us. We long for this thing called justice but we are never able to grasp it. I believe that God is the one who will bring justice to earth, justice that is full of love. I hope the Church is listening to what God is calling it to. There are far too many broken lives for the church to be worried about things like carpet color.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I also desire justice, by that I mean just-ice for my warm coke.

N.T. Wright is awesome, his writing is so POWERFUL.

Anonymous said...

to NT Wright

cheers

Anonymous said...

Good writting, excellent thoughts.