Monday, September 10, 2007

Crucified

"Jesus was crucified on a dollar sign" I just said these words in response to money and the church. It sometimes seems like many Christians in our country of Canada are more focused on counting beans rather than on Christ. "Take up your dollar sign and follow me." I am pretty sure that Jesus did not utter these words but if he did I am sure he would really me something like this. "You are dead to money, it is not your tool anymore, it belongs to the kingdom."

I am not one to promote irresponsibility in the world of finances but I do believe that often the spending of a church or individual attempting to walk on the narrow path will often look irresponsible.

Money is money, let us not make it the Lord's gospel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said, and welcome to the Blogdom.